Saturday, March 20, 2010

Love Letter 132 My ReWard

It's not enough
that I jot down
a few
wholesome thoughts
so fleeting
I will rage within forty seconds
and forget the face of God

no

but sometimes
when I have no herbs for tea
and my mind
has been like a fish in Venice

I must hope
you will see
that
I have given
today
all I have

I must hope
that these canals
will stop jerking
into underworlds
and collecting
into asphalt
and that the storm
will wreck me
only
half-heartedly
and that

those feet
which meet
in St. Mark's Square
will
be dancing
to something
good

I must hope
that when
I come up
for air
you will remember
I was
down
at the bottom of the sea
writing you
a poem
while
I was still
drowning...

forgive me all my coined words
for I am paying a ransom
so worthwhile
I will let it take me
all my years
if it lets me
beg you
for Love

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment