Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Love Letter 142 A Boiling Pot

Lover!
Must we always negotiate?!
Can't I just Love You the way I Love You?

Trust me,
in all my imperfection
there is love.
in all my forgetfulness
and hunger
and questioning
and sorrow
insecurity
and insensitivity,
I am trusting you to love me
enough to know,
I Love You.

I am trusting
You
to see
beneath and beyond
all the barnacles
into my love-stained heart
into my well worn turgid aorta
and completely SEE
what I cannot always polish
in time
to show you

THAT MY LOVE IS REAL
MY LOVE IS TRUE
and even uncertainty
can bring
NEW FRAGRANCES
of ALL KINDS OF LOVE

and that even in this moment, when I have not softened
or surrendered,
I am still turning in a whirlpool
of your love
and I AM FULLY GRATEFUL
I AM FULLY FILLED WITH GRATITUDE
(despite all appearances)
and I have not forgotten how to love!
no.

It is just...
that
this is love too, and that and this
and all of it put together
tangles and knots
hinged and unhinged
all of it

IS LOVE.

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment