Thursday, April 8, 2010

Love Letter 151 Because I Still Don't Know

Have you been reading me?
All my giddy prose in every proportion of loving you?
Am I not elaborate?
simple?
transfixed enough? that you choose to be mysterious, and I must play
hide and seek
like a child
still holding her blanket, as she peeks around the furniture?
I WANT TO KNOW YOU
is it so hard to believe,
or am I foolish to think
that knowing you
is one event?
must I trek up this hill, just to roll again down
and find you anew, renewed, and different? expanded?
is it you --- ever changing
or my perceptions... my ability to perceive, which might shrink and grow
depending on my willingness to see?
I want You
isn't that enough
to convince you
that all my foolishness
is still a stubborn attempt at love?
Can't you just find me adorable
as I flit and folly, finding my way through the cracks in my own created holograph
and Can't you
just give me the benefit of the doubt
on the days
I am too lonely to write a perfect script
and cut cliche from my vocabulary?

I know you are.
but am I?
Can I
let Your love in
when I am lonely
and corroborating with self-doubt...?
Can I see
that you are still that steady encounter
of two doves
arcing in slow motion
to a beat
only comparable
to the human heart?

Help me, to see Beloved
Help me, to know, for sure
that I Am Loved

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment