Friday, April 23, 2010

Love Letter 166 I Was Waiting For A Song

I searched for you
in daylight

velvet folds in God's cloth, revealed only opiate suns
but
no trace
of that loveliness I have come to know as You

throughout playgrounds
cattails
rivergrass
waterfalls
into the shade, I went
with bicycles leaning
and trains stopped

between sun up and sun down
I came to know the experience of now
where all things touch
the weight of a blade of grass
the halo of drifting snow
the way wind embellishes a field
and how dawn differs from dusk

I moved my palm into my shadow
and there, in the bend
of my own infinite puzzle
I came to see
how
You
are invisible
to all my longings
and stretching
and counting
and winding
of the clock I think you tic on

You are visible
to all the blades of grass, and drifting snow and fields
and Your palm
is the dawn and dusk
and in your shadow
still there's sun

and now
I pull away the idea
of day
and nocturnal
and just begin
pulling the string of sound
across
that hallowed ground

and there you are
right here

In Love
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment