Friday, November 27, 2009

Love Letter 19 Because You Are Perfect

I have thought of you again and again, daily for months on end, until years became pyramids in a windy desert and arch angels began moving stones into place.
I have thought of you in the lid of time, flipping quaintly open and close like a lock on the most precious miracle -- always so easily opened, a doorway to the infinite in each second, between breaths and happily prepared for and by the Beloved.
I have thought of you as each synonym becomes simultaneous and each incident -- coincident.
I have loved you in the fringe of leather jackets and the curbs of sidewalks and the first dew lapped up by infant insects. I have loved you when you were in hiding and taking risks and playing it safe and quietly imagining the light fill your cells and make you well. I have loved you when you haven't felt like yourself, or couldn't find your nerve, or wondered why you were here...and where I was.
I have loved you, as I do now, regardless of the weather inside or out. Regardless of the shape of your back or your front. Regardless of the questions you put to yourself. or to me. Regardless of how perfectionism erodes what is beyond perfecting.
You are beyond perfecting.
There is nothing else necessary to improve what is already the most precious infinite, moving through a journey so heavenly concocted, that I will never change a single channel on this perfect dial of Love.
For You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment