Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love Letter 62 Getting Mail

I have often opened your letter
in excitement
where bliss is anticipation
and on the other side
ohhh, something quite spectacular, I am still humming
I am careful not to rip the package
and as I unfold the paper, I go even slowlier
to build that temple
forty times
higher
and bow
ever deeper
to you
At last
there are words, or drawings,
hieroglyphic colors
patterns
ebbs
and answers
in a conundrum of weaves
and waves of communion
I am so
breathless
I am barely reading
my eyes wearing your tears
and my hands shaking the page out of orbit
for days
I read it over
and over
just to be sure
you were there
under my fitful microscope
bearing your soul
for my benefit
and
under my pillow
it goes
like a wish
I am making
all with your words


I love you
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment