Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Love Letter 72

year after year the intellect wonders, can I get more out of this?
the heart fatigues from the thinking, it is not really heard
and millions of wonders, themselves, like cartwheels and snowflakes in adjacent descent
turn and reveal, while the whole world bathes in neglect

I have brought my turmoil
the scent of the iguana
anecdotes
and trivial pursuits
I have waited
and wasted
and hollowed
until
the Rock
of Gibraltar
sunk

I have given up Jesus
and jeans
and reflecting on God

but I have not, cannot
give up on
wondering about you
and how you get home at night
and if you sleep well
and who you ask the Big Questions to
and if the answers
sit well

and this simple
act
of not giving up
on
one little thing
I call precious
and worth it
has led me back
to
Jesus
jeans
God
and adding up
all the ways
you serve the world
and those little earthquakes of love
end my surrender
to timeless plots
and will me forward
into wonder
like an aster
which is coming
out
of the ground
now

I love you
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment