Sunday, October 3, 2010

Love Letter 325 Struggling To Know This

I have never thought of you as anything less
though I hold myself accountable for many thoughts, regarding our failure
and I never wanted you to be
anything
but purely happy
but I have to admit, that I have often wanted you to be
the very exact and concurrent thing I am wishing for
and I readily agree
that I have altogether
expected
that the world would come to an end
only after
I was done with it
but now
in the midst
of the end
ing
I am listing
how I have been
too harsh
to care
too right
to change
too frustrated
to put all my embers into one dam pyre and burn something
All those old melodies, make me want to remember something more magical
than this
but I have not put my finger
on this
in a long time
so
how
would I know?

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment