Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Love Letter 349 Tear this Chapel Down

My Lover,
those twigs which stoked my fire, burnt down, to twine, with which I tied our love
and your usefulness began at once, to feel ushered and pragmatic
I went to you
first
because I could not steady my entanglement
but your oar
bore like a blade
through my insistent heart

we are mourning
can't you see that?
this thread
no longer holds our warmth

from the boat
I drift
my own anchor
to love
addictive

you spill oil
over the edge
and I am swimming
in separation

but

I love you

no matter where your eyes look

your pen retorts
but
I only hear

that you can't come
when I call

but
Lover,

my patience
is borne of God

my pretend abandonment
can be pawned

from the sobbing
the shaking
exerts
a freedom from paralysis

God has dragged me
to the center
of my love letter

He has put in my hand
a wet cloth
and He has pushed the whole of us
across those fine bedouin letters
until
they did not exist

She said to me
"this is not love"
and I wonder what is

I point to you
He says, " that is not love"
I want to protest

but
in Her hand
are all the letters, and all the lovers
and I feel nothing

I am at a loss

what is love?
I do not know

"There!" He says
"There, in that thought, is the cracking open of the heart!"

The cracking open of the heart?
I do not know is the cracking open of the heart?

"Yes," She says.
"In the I don't know is the edge of the I Am"

I let the letters burn in the loss of our love
the cold wood consumes those words

I let the humor of all my cravings
spit you out

and I vacate
myself

silence
is what is left
a silence
which knows
nothing

a crevice
in the noisy art

ah!
the best day of my life!

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment