Sunday, October 10, 2010

Love Letter 332 Cold Tea

I suppose, my humanness, has disappointed you
it seems all I've dreamed up, is still a dream
and I fluctuate between a few pounds of idealism and a few pounds of realism too many

but
I will still write
you

I will still smack my lips against the stamp
and stick it in the mail

I will still
keep the password
a secret

and wait for the post office
to send its chariot
of your love

I will apologize
too many times to project out into the future right now
but
I will apologize

I will know
that it is no good to try to change
anyone

or even anything

I will let the tea brew too long
because
I will forget to be present
to the tea leaf and the pot

but I will still drink it

and that, my love
is the part of myself
I will
give you the key to

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment