Monday, October 4, 2010

Love Letter 326 The Love Laughing Contest

Remember when this was
optimistic, Lover?
When I, in intelligible articulation, counted your curves, like Jupiter's moons?
Remember how I bombasted the world regarding your nectar... never quite giving away the whole secret, but certainly saying too much?
Oh, I was so callously in love with you
like a virgin, I thought the mystery was Mount Everest.
But, my love
in all this pepper, I have thrust on your delicate flavors,
there is something of the unfolded and confounded truth which, proven temporary, and ever changeable, as you can see by each letter,
that I have discovered
just the right reach of words
for our silent umbrella, and groovy cactus disco
that you and I, are not meant
to be lovers...
no, this is just a joke
that lovers are just concocted egos arriving on a tropical shore, with canaries in their bathrobes, and mexican cool whip in their pina coladas
no
lovers are like Mr. and Mrs. Howell
drowned out by the inevitable quicksand

You and I
we are pen pals
correspondants
rumors
religiously rumoring, that we have rubbed elbows with love
only to
confess
into the dense foam of a lonely mattress
that we haven't, aren't or don't
enough

You and I
are forbears of an economical truth so overshot
that it is time
to reconcile
all that we thought love was
with
what it really
is

a laughing contest
an utter, outlandish, intimidating, reptilian laughing contest
out of which
we emerge
heroes
for having
remembered
the joke

I Love You
in the way a good joke is really funny
I really love you
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment