Thursday, October 14, 2010

Love Letter 336 Wild But True

I don't need to write to you
anymore
my love has expended galaxies
in one dare
and a glass ballet slipper stands outside the castle
while I slip on
one last word
my love,
each of us
dare to dare
once in a while
we pick up sticks
and slay the dragon.
we win the war of wine and tea
we have laid out the flowers for the king and queen to enter
we have made our prayers out of nirvanic straw

but my hands go up
at the thought of these last letters
all of them, too long, too short
and these calisthenics have been practiced into a dull hell from which the center has been lost

dear one
have you hit your head on my word?
as I danced to midnight shuffles of my mimicry of love
have I lain down enough in that hearty snow
to know
that love isn't made of cartwheels
and the temple walls are not glass without stone?

have you rested on the answer
or the anchor of this living
or have I tried to rake those stones like a wild pack of neon wills?
have I chosen
the right path to love you

or will I always wear one shoe?

I love you
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment