Sunday, October 17, 2010

Love Letter 339 Guilty

dear lover

I have not found you
looking at the stars
I have not wandered into the night
I have not selected my clothes for the ceremony

inside, I stayed
today
and yesterday
feeling the dread
of this disconnection
this salient saboteur
pulling me closer
to separation

My love
you were by the bed
but I blew out the candle
and hurried under the blanket

I did not let my eyes
find the palace you made for me
I did not let ears hear the confession of your love
I did not let my head rest
on the only heart I beg to adore me

I am not wise
I let the rain water someone else's flowers
while I thirst inside

I let you wait
in the garden
of constellations
while I will not meet you
I will not give myself a chance
to come out of the shadows
of my excuses
I push the door of the black cage
open
I let the wax cool in my sleep

all my hummings
and the thick cord of my bench pressed prayer
beckons the leader of the band
to break my habit of
keeping you
at a distance
my laziness like the last steps of a stones drowning

why can't I let the lit candle guide me
to your gifts
what shame have I to adore you
and not avoid you

my love
I am eroded
by my own
routine basking in hell

the fingers of your ward
run their chaste wave at me
but I press against the kettle of these bars
I press against the costume of this jail
I put on deprivation
instead of
my wedding dress
and play piano with a cylinder
of your requests

My lord
this penitentiary is but a bird I have given your perch

let your astronomy
consume my crooked star
and give me nowhere to hide
from our reunion

Your Beloved


No comments:

Post a Comment