Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Love Letter 267 That Watch Your Wearing

I forgive you
but only 'cause you love me
I wear the white dress
but only 'cause you like it

jealousy
is like a hibiscus
it only grows in beautiful places

My Love
I want you to be happy
but not by leaving me

I want great things for you
but not greater than for me

You say things to me
that make me go numb
hostile enough to eat the sun
sometimes
I am packing everything I am
in my mind
and throwing
everything I think of you
in your face

but this phase passes

because the moon has allowed herself to grow dark
be covered up
by things we cannot see
and give herself again
when light allows

and I never hold her
phases
against her
I never blame
with my anger
her waning

yet I always watch her wax
with such ecstasy
that
I can barely finish this letter

I love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment