Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Love Letter 274 Your Fruitful Wound

in a form all his own
he will take your wonder
and pour it out
like unowned stars
and tread upon them
as if
they were
shadow
instead
of
all you had
and it will take
a little bit
longer
for you to
reach back in
and let him
empty
all the ten -cent- grieving- decibel- screaming
but
that is
because
you are identified
with
how that mercy will come

when
his hands
have bent you
into some agile instrument --
all your alloy
like a gem,
and when you
let go
of the practice.
of
the sound.
somehow
the magic
of what you are
begins
to
live

I want you to know
that I am still holding back
who
I think I am
from One
who knows it all
and I am still
tentative
about
letting
the alchemist's giant tongue
enter my esophagus
but I
want
with all my heart
the mercy
that I cannot give myself

and he,
knows how
to
give it

I love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment