Sunday, August 22, 2010

Love Letter 286 A Toast

My love,
let me dine on you
your delicious appetites move my archipelago
I am enamored by your lustrous tastes and talents
by your alchemist's tongue
and the strumming of your skins against the long backs of dirty rivers,
lust, making them clean again

I go forever
without using you to bid on heaven
but
in truth
heaven has used you
to lure me

your lips
have touched so many languages
yet
use
only
love
on
me

every stroke is an exhilarated dip into captivating water
a muse using the mystery
to steep me
deeper

a rune
on the banks of the Seine
saying she loves me
when I am learning "Je'taime"

oh my
butter my lips
with empty neurosis,
I have forgotten all my ills
everything
is sugar-coated
in the miracle world of
You

even my eyes
stinging
in salt water
as the ocean rises
in this plattered heart
I have disappeared
to love you
and reappeared
to love

May the rising tides
bring this batter
into service
for the world

May my footsteps
bear the journey
of one who makes a difference

My Love
I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment