Friday, August 13, 2010

Love Letter 277 The Stake

I cannot reverse this pain --
it is a howling rhetoric
sure to shore the whole of defenses
and still divinely love

I am cryptic, stilling the (im)moral urge
to undo you

your spell, too profound for my
words.

I have only wanted
a love story, my dear
not all these warm-ups
which were practice
for a swollen heart
whose chasm is unheard
and whose
echo
is dead

no

one solid
requiem
mocked
by an ever and eternal resurrection

Oh, My Love

I have longed to feel that thing
which hinges on nothing
but on which all hinges

I have begged
in the market
for a spear
to purse my stilted corpse
its wound like one great ark of hurt
I cannot spill my blood
even
for which martyr
could do that?

my only altar
is you
from which I sweep my tears
and return my jewels
onto what I scroll my heart
and still
these steps, like third worlds
who and what contain them?
build them
break them?

my journey to you
lies on a broken heel and hell of sorrow
all works conform to your grave
and
turning and tilling
I find your soul
the lamplight
in my cave

your heavenly castle
is but the next stair
and all I have started and stated
fades away

it is ample
this rock, staff, reed

I am full of what a wedding
would be
but
I am not
getting married

so
my dear

how can you stand me
sobbing in your bouquet?

how can you steady my butchery?

I have lived
to stop writing
to him
and
WRITE ONLY TO YOU
it is a stretch of imagination's skin
to crop a world
and paste it back
to
the
Beginner

all my salt worth like a stubborn drowning chalk

this time
I will give the love letter
to Him
which appreciates
my chivalry
and awkwardness

I am made aware
by my daily begging
that the altar
is
not
the love
but You
on which I put
all of me
where love burns all these words


Deliver me,
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment