Friday, August 6, 2010

Love Letter 270 Yikes!

it is too late
to write a love letter
for love
surrenders its shoulder like a summer lost in stars
and I wait to go to bed
even though
I am tired
and this night
slips away
because
'oh so beautiful'
is not enough of a bowing
I still want to pull night
into my great void
and make it sleep with me
I still want
the moon to move into the room I left bare
and push out all the abandonment with her rolling orb
the heat
becomes a reason to reveal what I have kept so secret
and I am wandering the hallway between writing to love and being written to
I cannot
get enough
of your believing in me
how you penetrate the day, even as I waste it, you appear
all your lips, without disgust, still expound wonders for me
all your eyes, without confusion, still ask for love
You ask me to stop cleaning my engines
and just look up
at God

I am so hung on to pulling out all the dust
that I have forgotten there is a clock on the wall
with a hand that never stops pointing to God

it is too late
to write
about love
for sonnets, like magnets for mankind have been written
singeing the heart like an open book
and my words like dried teardrops will not make the smoke rise
from what already has been burned

but I write
to avoid
holding on
to avoid sleep
to avoid waking up
to avoid
what I avoid
because I cannot face
that I have left You
to do something else

Oh God
when I look up
still be there.

in this intense avoidance
make me see you
even in the blindfold I often wear

I Love You
Your Beloved


No comments:

Post a Comment