Saturday, August 14, 2010

Love Letter 278 Only One

My Love
have you seen me?
my face pouring toward your world?
my feet
very clearly visible, at your throne?

and
My Love,
have you seen me
put my hands out
like a child
standing there in all my rags
not once
self conscious?

and My Love

have you heard the stones change into chestnuts
and small butter apricots become acorns
and the speaking unspeaking
turn my eyes over to you?

do you know the lotus flower
is a blemish on the water
and yet her petals
become its turban?

am I not serene enough
to seduce
you
into
not suffering?

I have held out my hand forever
yet you hesitate to take it

I am asking you to be with me
I am penetrating your antipathy
your avalanche excusisms
your cutlery paring away my encouragement
I have fully entered your world
and yet you say I am not here

why all these excuses to cure me of my existence, Beloved?

Which wheel must love turn, for you to
say YES?


I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment