Saturday, May 1, 2010

Love Letter 174 Inherent in the World

How long will this go on?
How long can I love you?
How long will I write to you, in complex phrases to illustrate a love that needs no sound?
no vowel is strong enough
to deliver
the brute vitality of this love
no consonant can howl into an omnipresent provocative
to salute your sacredness
no initiation of a voice, no test of 5, ten, 15 years.
40 days and 40 nights
are just a symbol
of this subterfuge
of the way I know you to be true
within myself.
I can only deceive you.
because in truth
you already know
whatever I say to you
is just a practice
like being in a body, for a while
and being in a body for a while
is like
letting the firefly in the jar, be a lantern
for us, it is spectacular, ingenious, insightful
but for the firefly
it is a moment where the obvious, the natural, the immense
is poorly interpreted
I have not told you the truth. nor in 365 days will I be able to reveal to you all I am saying.
This practice, must be imperfect. a direct practice of imperfect enlightenment
a lantern
practicing
an imperfect interpretation of boundless light

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment