Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love Letter 198 New Bird


purify me

... I am Yours

Your Volcano
is a fixture,
posed to dilute me
of my will
so I can hear Yours

Your perfect plumbing
in my equator
is a bomb
to my syndrome
of snobbishly holding you closer
without letting you in

oh!
how these fixtures writhe
and your sacred altars erupt like quasars:
vicious specks
turning the white world intense
with Your sulfur

Your sonic abbreviations for my boisterousness
howling in candescent silence

Why weeping is such a favor
to the human.

Why folding the cards
doesn't change
their fate.
Why borrowing your car doesn't make mine move faster.

but I know WHO You are

even though my commitment is like a bridge over a desert,
I can go so far
waving my flag of YOU YOU YOU,
hoping you'll hear
that I AM coming.

even if it takes a new thousand leaves to birth ten thousand acorns
so a forest can grow a million feet from here
and mature into firewood

so I can melt my steel meanings
and careful carved bedposts
into the next set of girders

and come that much farther
toward the ONE


I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment