Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Love Letter 191 There is More

Were you with God last night?
I was watching on the doorstep,
your shadow move through trees and wet dishes
the sink full of your awe
your third eye spinning a new galaxy.

What did She say to you?
You were so quiet
I could hear your heart listening
and I longed to burst through the door
to share that magic with you

but instead
I crawled in the window
of your bed
left open the toothpaste
pulled back the mattress
and saw the inscription:
God Lives Here

now I know
you have been harboring God
housing Him
in your temple
making Her breakfast

You have been holding court, playing "scrabble"
late night parties of Ram Ram Ram
You have been watering plants with Her hair
and She has been watering You

I smell the damp sea air
the moist embryo of your love together
dew rising on your sheets
as you Make Love with Your Listening

Oh God God God

I lie quietly pressed to your door
my body heaving in
and out the way you glance at each other

Can you see, why, now,
I have camped out here
all my life?
and why I come in
uninvited?

Can you see why
even your ignorance
cannot keep me out?
and I keep coming
like a good penny
bringing luck in the form of senseless, wicked, homely offerings
just to pray at the elegance of your door, just to wish it open
just to pray against it, with my heart holding its hinges
just to keep your house together
where you share your Love with God

I Love You
Your Beloved






No comments:

Post a Comment