Monday, May 24, 2010

Love Letter 197 Giant Boomerang

I went to the border of your Fishing hole
with my safety deposit box.

I am so obvious.

I wanted to collect everything I could get
for my fortune.

and you ran dry.

to teach me a lesson.
that was hard to get
while I was grasping.

I went to your fishing hole --
dried up and empty

I took my first fist of ice
and put it into your hole.
it felt so desperate and good
I kept at it.
emptying
until my box had nothing left
but the lock.

and from a distance, I threw that away.
fashioning the steel fireproof shell
into winter.

So I could heave that, too, into your emptiness.

So I could shudder
from your cold
eventual
melting.

I went to your watering hole. today. like a fish out of water,
broken into bread, I became your flesh, given out to dozens.
endless stretches of dry shells
on Your Shore
began
misshaping
into hollow cells and empty tombs and ... evaporating.
I watched the cloud overhead.
I began waiting
and like a hundred dry bits of bread
I began raining down.

Once more. at the beginning.

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment