Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Love Letter 206 Poison Antidote

I have a hunter's compassion
and a poison ivy temperament...
life flows in and out
and I am drowning.
you cast your nets like gravel into nutrients,
you set your watch to zero
and count down.
you look below
then jump
up,
but before I betray you
with all my works of God.
let me tell you
I am nothing
I have no pedestal
have made no vows
don't even make room for saviours in my inn
I sweep my floor with the heart of my hand
and turn proud to beggars
I sleep on a pitchfork overhanging the ocean
and one foot is draping off always
like a cocoon ready to fall.
I don't even have a hook to drag me back
if I slip in

I don't need one

You are all the anchor
I will need.
magnetized to truth, all my convictions will turn to YOU

no matter how I hone my hell

You Will Always Be There

like a bee
on a jet ski of dew
drinking in the palm flower
nesting in the lilacs

wanting Love
to be your One Defining Detail

and it is.


I am sorry for all the drama

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment