Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Love Letter 226 Arrival

I wanted to be with you
so much packing, just to leave
and now I'm naked
still imagining clothes
but
I will get over
clothing
I will get over needing something to read
pages to write in
food

I will soon stop needing to make a decision
or try
to believe
this is true

if you keep coming like this to me
I will have no where
to go
because
all my backpacks
are filled with
maps
to follow the One/You
meditation tapes, yoga mats
handfuls of crystals
algae, henna
a book of prayers

even my toothpaste
is a foolish thing to carry
and shoes.... forgive the shoes
I was just hoping
to prepare a bath for you
and await your knock
but dear
I have brought all that nostalgia
to a blind date
and you were already here
writing your poems on the sheets I would sleep in
you were here
when I got here
you were always here
your patience, like a chamber of elevated laughter applauding my slow waltz

all I have wanted
was waiting
while I made the decision
to come
all those years, trying to decide
how
to go about
saying yes
I never knew
you would be so available
that's why, now
I still practice
packing
and leaving

I just can't believe
One Yes
brought You.

I Love You
Your Beloved



1 comment:

  1. You are my favorite poet. How have I become so lucky to have you in my life? What a blessing has been bestowed on me to have your words in my life. To have you and your shoes walking beside me. I love you.

    ReplyDelete