Friday, June 11, 2010

Love Letter 215 I Have Heard About the Heart

You said the heart was reliable
but how would you know?
Your heart is a silver stud on a golden alpaca
and it moves when dragons chase the moon out of the ocean...
I look to mine now and then
and still
I cannot tell the difference
is it my heart?
is it my head?
which of these holds the answers

I wanted to name you the prince... the princess of all creation
but I just can't get out that last vowel
I just can't seem to believe dust to dust is the same thing as eternal
I just can't wrap my heart around
the weeping infidels and rheumatic slaughters
that happen daily
and often
and without miracles to shift them into romance novels

I just wonder
when I am aching
is my heart responsible?
can I mind over matter?
can I wash it all out, as though a storm just passing

can I sit in the zendo
when thousands of others twisted in villages and given to the violence
are broken by the kind of chains
only man has thought of?
where is his heart, I ask you?
if it's so reliable.

today I danced
because the dancing is a way to shake you back into my bloodstream
because ecstasy creeps in when I am busy swirling
because
no heart
no head
is present
only the outstretched opera of my awe toward You

Oh Liberator
You have sent many in Your sandals to share a bit of bread
Your spilling cup of prophets often dead because they carried Your carpet through the world

I wish only to enlist Your favor
for these three meals
-- waking up
-- walking in the world
-- and sharing bread with others on Your carpet, Beloved
reliably

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment