Friday, June 25, 2010

Love Letter 229 Meditation

I shudder..
if that's okay.
I mean
if you don't mind me shuddering.
at least I know what it is to let love surprise me
even tangled in this microscopic lens.
I wish you were here.
because I'm selfish
and selfishness feels much like crying and hugging against the ocean floor
I don't know what to do with it, not sure it will get me where I'm going, yet I can't seem to stop the flagellating mark of ecstasy.

I Love You
is this discontent?
...that your funeral is your deliverance
or have I hallmarked my heart, like an east coast slang --
so that I know
how to be ignorant?...
in case
I Love You too much
and will not let go
your spectacular prelude
to all that is...

yes, I'm in the thick of it.
ecstasy has quickened my breath, and released me from donning a wardrobe
but still
in the silence, I sometimes arrive at a thought
and so curious, I begin to notice, how I am entertaining, everything I hold on to

so please
don't let me go, but push me harder
into the briar of my discontent.
you know I'm the devil
and as long as there is hatred,
conviction will make me a worthy cause.
so please
if I am the beast
let me grow into
all that I fear
so I can see the smooth surface of hatred
so I can see how the swing swung into epiphany and entanglement
and I can catch my breath on each chain
til it descends again, a chrysalis.
please let me
wait out
this plunge
so mephistopheles does not take me
but I, instead, behold him in my heart
like a changeling

oh God
you have begun to unchain
all the worlds in my empty admission
all these crimes have become a velvet levee
and a dream of breaking.
I have only wanted you to steady me on the fist of holiness, honesty -- my contentment
I have only wanted you
to stay this cross, until, there is no intersection

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment