Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Love Letter 227 Nothing on the Path

when you set the silverware out
like you do
in a pile
and I get undressed with the windows open
I remember
the chilled grapes and the lantern
we took on that walk
before I knew
you this well

going down that path
we came to a fork
and you said
this is a perfect place for a picnic

the whole time
I felt like I was in the way
our blanket
conversation
grazing like professionals on outdoor ambience

but no one came by us.
and now
I understand it --
the whole why of squatting down, in the path, at the crux of the split...
you were saying something
I wasn't yet ready to hear
but
now
I see, you refused to be divided

and it was
deliberate

You
want to stay United

nothing on the path
changes that

this, is why
I love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment