Saturday, June 12, 2010

Love Letter 216 Before Columbus

In my communion
I have let you go
like the common man
the housewife
the butcher
and the fowl

I have lived up to you
like a bluebird on a black bird's tail
I have looked over and over the ocean
for Atlantis
and Hades
and Hell

I have given Dante my number
and held the hearts of fleeing doves
I have dug through tunnels thick with bruised aortic impulses
and scraped back the blood from secret grails

For You
I have put everything in order
just waiting for the wind
I have shewed away my Lovers
I have painted my walls gold, and left a crystal path of my elation
for you to follow

...if You ever
come


I have lain a plate of pearls, and broken oysters just to find you
I have remembered dreams and picked them clean for details of Your hideout

You have become a word
I can't write down
or say without something awful being absolved

sometimes I wonder
just how dangerous our hunger has become
for You
all us dirty impatient angels
pounding on your door
for one more miracle

is it you? is it you?
we chant each time we feel alive

and of course
all I have forgotten
all I have forgiven
is a mute verb

my memory
like a giant pool of You
my mind a scented single pillar of Your smoke
my body
still a filter for Your potent Holy Joke

if I am not here to know You
then I ask
why this burning ego bowing down to You
Why this crazy/crazed mask looking through your window
why this enamored crowd panning floods for You

but we are still One
even in this setting out for new worlds
no fleet can claim a land already Founded By Love, Invented By Your Gold
yet still we travel
in and out of body
to discover
what we have always known

You You You
in Our communion
I forget Who is Who
and let the Name go
So I can Be
Symbiotic with what is
Being has no name without a witness
come now, what are you looking at?
Join In!

No comments:

Post a Comment