Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Love Letter 44 I Love You

Thank you Lover
for loving me, when I could not love myself
for finding me, when I was adrift in a myriad of awkward poses, and letting me dry out on your shore

Thank you Lover
for forgiving me when I could not forgive myself
for seeing me as I am in my highest, even and especially when I am at my lowest

Thank you Lover
for being my lifeline, cheerleader and lover
for forgiving my imposition, inquisition and heretical behaviors, my contradictions and addictions
for holding me through it all, for looking me in the eye -- when I could not face myself

for letting me rest, and telling me to do so when I was so revved up I ran in circles, just to avoid what was, to escape and evaporate that temporary truth

Thank you Lover
for being the ladder
to help me up or down, over, and out
and the hands to catch me, caress me, or to help
to applaud me when I was too busy "trying"

and
Thank you
for not being afraid of my tears
angry, fearful or stricken with grief
for sitting with me
in the mystic muck
and having my back
when I was moving too far, too fast away from my center of Love

I Love You,
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment