Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Love Letter 51 Your Love Gathers Me Up

Have you ever felt like your love, beauty, kindness, depth is going to waste?
That all you have to give has been looked over, lost,
that the light you are
goes unnoticed, unseen
that you are a lover without a beloved... a beloved without a lover?
Have you ever wondered, why or where
how to change it, make it come true,
receive the power and love your mirror?
Do you wish I would just show up?!
and say "there you are!... Here I am!"
"I love what you have to give! Your gifts are perfect for this world!
I'm sorry it took me so long. Forgive my absence, neglect, ignorance."
Do you wish I would just admit, that you are what I've searched for my entire life, that the whole universe lives in your love
and that through loving you
I love the whole world... the whole world is loved?
How could I make you be so patient?!
All your goodness, shining like a crystal genesis along the shore.
Yes, I have been looking
my whole life
for something so potent and loving,
and yet
it has taken me all this time
to learn to bow.

Please forgive my tardiness.
My callousness, nervous, inability to navigate toward true love
Please forgive
all that I've taken for granted
my busy eyes, my bulky heart.
Please know
that there was nothing you were doing wrong
that your endurance and perseverance to Love
was the beacon
that your constant prayer for Love
and your constant example of Love
is what drew me
near
even when I could only take one small step
even when I was out of breath
my heart was still leading me
cowardly and courageous
to your door

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment