Friday, December 25, 2009

Love Letter 47 God's Guise in You...Happy Birthday

I am learning, still, of new love
fallen snow still falling
and the eyes that cling to what shape it takes, and doesn't.
the tree stands
the candles glow
a million miles of lamplight
and still
I am frozen
by God's guise in You

You are complete.
There is nothing I am lacking.
all the spools of thread
and the eggnog
I have forgotten not one of your hundred scents
or your strengths
or you magic visage.
I am here, kneeling
where a fire burns
emptying itself of control
and availing
only you.

What water is this, that stretches our dust into magnets,
where God rests
and we rise
and all of the madness
is precise conjugation
of Love?

which principle rests on this?
which oracle names the seventh list?

All that comes has a tune
and its rhythm is brittle and booming
like frankincense and stone
shelter, and travel, and the unwrapping of the ancient only gift
always present in the room, at the inn, beyond the mythological

All day, every day, is the moment of Love,
Love's birth, Love's eye rising, Love being beheld.
All day, everyday, is the birth of the birth, is
God God God, Spirit, Allah, Adam, Isis, All.
All day, everday, You are the Infinite
in my finite bowl of cereal, and you spell out
the atoms which profoundly turn
the world, in which I live, and where I love and how I give
to that which births me
Now

from my Father and My Mother
I have turned
into the Two
and the One
and the Two

and as we come together
so we
sing out
as the One
and the Two
and how high are hearts go
when the world
can be birthed
from this every single Union
on the day
that Bethlehem
is still
in its Labor
of Love

I cry out for YOU
in Love
and I Love YOU
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment