Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Love Letter 296 Your Yoga

there is no margin for fear

smell all of it

you want my spine straight
and my sitting

to Be

in pure lotus

you want me to surrender
all my worldly gains
and give over all my thoughts to "clouds are passing"

but

my butt hurts
(like ): a numb nemesis
in this position
I am always breathing in (on) the "sat nam"
I am so uncomfortable
I have blisters
on my pissed off psyche
and my aching legs
create their own curse words
as they sit in uneasy
all this curiosity
is like a rodeo
for rag doll chanting lasso enlightenment
falling off this itchy cross
and religiously resetting my vows
I practice
not looking God in the eye
I practice
telling a joke in my head
so as to entertain my self-hate

this is more important than You
than rolling my tongue, or remembering the umpteen names of Buddha
I have a nice cushion
and all my candles are scented
but this floor
is like a metal mat(tress)
in a wrestling ring for nirvana

You want me
to fill, follow, deepen,
and pronounce
this Sanskrit Silence like a Chopping Block of Hard Luck

All I want
is a little courage
to push you off your cushion
and steal your treasure map
to God

All I want
is a little restlessness
to be accepted
on the journey
to
stillness

I Love You
Your Beloved

2 comments: