Thursday, September 9, 2010

Love Letter 304 Unbroken

You destroy me
Your habitual presence
eats at my veneer
Your constant waiting
for me to come around
myself
to notice
you are offering me the world

I have no street savvy
I sit down in the sun
and burn
I bump into things on my way to being busy
I drink in gulps
eat in fistfuls
all the while in a pretty permanent lament

my love
you have unlaced your sandals
and stood at my door
your garment riddled with stories

I have nothing to give you
and still you want in

The press of your love
derives fruit
procreated cider
the laughter of lovebirds
letting go of the song

How you got here
is a mystery
but that you are
is without question
you have unfolded each feather
of my own brushed back
trodden my compulsive anarchy
even sugar with its Valkyrie frosting
takes a back seat in your presence

I feel your name in the crook of my neck
arousing conscience
I feel your plunging alchemy
unbolting
my very black door
at last
like Mt. Vesuvius
my shambles
is lit
with a match
of your care full unabridged love

all of me
was dormant
like a rock

then
cold lava shelf collapse

this foolery, folly
of cat and mouse
busted


Your Love
will Get In
If only by permeation


and I,
without knowing why
or how
tempt you
to trap me
in Love

isn't this how it is?
this destruction
is the stripping of the crack from the ancient vessel.
never broken
This is how
You see all things

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment