Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Love Letter 309 The Grooming Heart

It is your prerogative
to say too much
or just enough
or too little
or stay shut, like a little oyster in a sand bed
I want your room
to be just as light
as my sun

but I can wait
'til
you ask
I can take turns
with your dark
I can live
with your innocent end
your fever
your small remark
itching
on my forehead

because we practice together
because you have allowed that art
because your aria
is like a lit path
through a tunnel
where I would never set foot
if I did not know
you (too) were God

so let me
settle
onto you
when you cannot bear the grim shuck of the heart (waking)
when the soap skin
cannot wash off, with one shower
when all you fear is fear
I will shower you
with so much love
it will look like
artwork on the refrigerator
unrefined by outlines
but so much better
than a lost boat
without a navigator
banging against its own anchor

I Love You, Beloved
in your souring heart
and sweetening crawl
in all the words you use like butter to loosen the crack
between all our doors
because you care
to loosen
even what you hold dear
so love
can fly in

I Love You,
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment