Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love Letter 252 Free

My Love,
I have been to Gibraltar
seen the Queen of Abalone
tasted nectar from beneath the parables.
I have lines so deep, they fill with water
yet my heart is flat, Lover
an open plain of endless love, with no flock to indulge it
no cattle to chew its cud
no army of ants to build their spontaneous castles
My Love,
I have been to the Red Sea, washed up in its sand, found the fossils of Venus
yet
I am still dry
like a canvas held up to the sun, my colors turning to dust
which artist, will come, who has new brushes, and an intense passion to live?!
My Love
I have flown a biplane, sung to volcanoes
and seen the serpent of the most high turn into remedy
but I am a wasteland
vanilla and chocolate
but no children
I have tossed my anchor, cast my net
and still
I am unblemished

I sit amused
Tolstoy has ordered my summation
yet
this wheel cannot touch solid ground
all that I am
spoils
in the shadow of the world
I have invited thieves to empty me
to wrestle me
to harvest each oyster
to no avail
My Love
I remain
unchallenged
I Am Still in God's hands
no matter
how I offer myself up
All my service, all my slander
cannot still the pond
of Her everflowing Cup
I am ever enamored
and I will never burn
to the ground
or disappear
there are no marks
on my being
God looks at me
and sees
anew
that I am His
perfect
chaste
and wild

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment