Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Love Letter 261 In the Labyrinth of the Witch Doctor

This life is full of confessions
and remissions

but I wonder
if I live a thousand years
that all might play out
taking turns
with each other

that some are dreams
come to fruition
and some are
bedrock
broken

and my dear
this love of ours
in founded
on all that's
broken
and rebuilt
all that silence and discussion
all that larceny and concession

my love
this brutal force
of absolution
and dunking in
to all that's demanded of the labyrinth soul
all that human has to mold and squash
is but a brevity of cups passing under your lips
filled with liquid
filament
of the one truth

and so
exasperated
as the tongue
can get
in the portal
of each confession
and withdrawal

all our sins
are really
all the playing cards of god

and if I beat you
it is only
for an instant
before
you become
the winner

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment