Friday, July 9, 2010

Love Letter 243 Abolished Shanty

Your Greatness is every where,
every strand of hair, and the shore's ever- changing hemline,
necking sea and sand right at the public's feet
You have warned me
but I waited for the siren, to grow tired, not loud
yet your anchor swept me
into its ambient tunnel, its paragraph of fantasy
this dance, like a wave hitting all that stands between its limber jumping
and its subtle impulsive throes
Oh My Beloved
you wanted me to wade in
but I waited for the water
to get so high
I had to laugh
when it came through the window
each drop like a lead quill, romancing my denial
broken glass, and bent hinges
the whole world an island in your sea
I was so patiently avoiding you
because I wanted to know
how badly you wanted me
Oh Love
You came through
Your jealous ranting, just an encore of an ever present love
-- an ongoing melody
the storm, just another gem sent to adorn me
Oh Love
I have not -- not noticed
Your alarms are like the spines of a fir tree
so scented and assertive
I am always reminded
there is a Way

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment