Sunday, July 25, 2010

Love Letter 258 the II Taking in the Answers

God,
I forgot how good
your hemlock tastes
when I have given up

and the shroud of practice
falls apart

and I am still thin and frail
and all my promises
made
(only always)
to myself
shear time
of its innocence

and this holy veil
made of sin and water
these abundant sewage sinews
which make the grass green
with their homages
I cannot avow
anything clean

when this wasteland has abutted my predicament
to do God's work

I must rescind
and erase
I must fall over laughing
at the instant cost
of all my fear of pain
I must stop the labor
of forgetting
and protecting
all my bad omens
and colossal shame

I have given up
the silk stone
and the pocket watch
ticking as an instrument of malady

I have given up the sorcerer's polite quest
and the bridge to holistic magic

I have given up
giving you a single thing
to remember me

and I drop

into the subterfuge ocean

because I am not dressed
for the funeral

but
for the resurrection

and this single silting sign
of my own openness to death
becomes my warpath

it raises its hand
to strike
all that is fragile and frail
all that disgusts me in its sorrow
all that makes me weak again

and instead embraces
with a sky
so ravenous

that I cannot surrender
but must
drop

drop

into the pylons of immortal glory
where I can stand confounded
and adored by my own images
of fate

and still
the tired wheel
of rabinith
burns away my beauty

everything is
torn
torn
torn

the apostles in the sunset
of their gathering father leaving

and still
finally

the resurrection
reconciliation

I am at the bottom of my misery
all mystery -- debunked

the only thing now
is this still grass
and the cloud
which is dispersing

you remember my name, love

and this wish has taken everything for granted

you remember how I was the star
of my own
sky

virginal and dusted

but you took me down
down
down

like a pedestal that wasn't working

I needed to come
up
from the ground
first

to know the first thing
about
taking away all my glory
so I might glorify
that which is the True Light
keep the flame
of that which is the True Fire
renege all my adjustments on my master
and let him
lead me
by my need
into the emptiness
flogging my headdress and its assumptions
by my neediness
I have emptied
my assumptions
by my greed
I have surrendered
by my loneliness
I have given my potential
to God

and this, my love,
has freed me

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment