Saturday, July 17, 2010

Love Letter 251 Your Ruby

I'm not afraid.
You have put me together
every time I have wanted to fall apart
You have taken these pieces, like gemstones
in your jewelry
and made them shine.
You have made me from broken brambles, stems, and humus
You have taken the time
and patience
to wallow with me
touching my sores
swallowing my pride for me.
You have allowed the sun to keep coming
out of the blue
and its energy to continue nourishing
You have taken me from a scrub of brush
into an ongoing garden.
You have pulled out each splinter, like a star
and you have taken
all of the weight
without
telling me
to stop complaining.
You have woven Your oar
into my great ocean
so that no matter where I am
we can work together.
I have given You nothing
but shattered glass from false intoxications
and you have made me the ruby in your crown.
I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment