Monday, July 19, 2010

Love Letter 253 Chalice Love Song

May I prevail, oh My Beloved
My Partner of the One Love.
In You, all things are cause for laughter, cause to Love
In you, I have every romance
predictable and demure
every adventure
outrageous and awakening
In Your love, In Your power
ecstasy is my very soul
and I am no one prevailing, but Love, which always is
Your countenance a Divine Example
Your Religion, the right to love
Your perfect frame for my fumbling
Your complete orchestra for my solo
Oh Ecstasy Devout, I scratch out every symbol,
eat only Your words
Drink only Your Tea from the Clouds
I am better and better
and still the seed swells with wanting more
You Visit me
and I am like a tavern of illusions
so You become the broom
and sweep me with your sagebrush and frankincense
You offer me pearls, which dangle only from wisdom
and You take off your shoes,
and show me
how to kneel.

I am suffering to know you
and yet
it is enough
to feel your bare feet in my temple
My Lord
you have captured me, like a bird who only wants to sing to her hero
let all my songs
make You more evident
in this world

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment