Saturday, July 3, 2010

Love Letter 237 Imperfect Surrender Melting Pot

sometimes, this just trying, isn't working out
i dangle my subject, I thirst, I wad up my research, I sit
for hours, searching the tide for your endless dress
I needlepoint my aimless seeking interim
for anything that looks like/sounds like "Jesus"
I try forgiving for breakfast, lunch and in the evening
the sun goes down, or does it? but it still gets dark nonetheless
I feel your seething as I go to work perfecting myself
and still this assassination
I have wrapped and packed and garbled
I have taken, and sent back
I have ordered, reordered, returned, and finally gone to the laundromat torn between cleanliness and one more isolated youth
but
now
there is still no oak in the fire
and those words I used, on the broken wall, they spell out YOU
and now
I step over or around those shells
not knowing what to do
to end this violence
between
how to meet you half way
and be here
in the present moment
with myself

Oh! disorder, you have come to mute this triumph
but I will still get up, and sit with you
still articulate The Mother out of This Language
and try
to steer myself toward you
with one oar
and a whole lotta love

No comments:

Post a Comment