Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love Letter 247 Caught in the Act!

we can stop hiding.

We are already having an affair.

no matter who has caught us... we have caught ourselves...
you know it
and I know it
each time we look at each other, We are having an affair

each thought we have
of the other
clothed or naked
kissing
or washing dishes
leaving
or turning back around...

this has got to stop!
All our trying to refrain, restrain, withhold, be in allegiance to something other than this,
every prayer we draw with our glimpses
every time we go to bed by touching hands
I hear your laughter across the room
You are watching me

no matter how subtle it proves,
We are still in Love
and all our subtleties make falling in love so complicated!

I may have said, I couldn't, last time you asked.
I may have been addicted or attracted to something else
I may have said I was taken
but Love,
I was lying to myself even then.

When I thought I knew what love was
when I thought that necking in the dark, having babies, listening to the same music and saying I do was all there is
when I thought my words were relevant, important, profound,
when I thought my eyes could see all
and that my own heart was a watch, under my steady winding.

no no no
this curse will never lift, so long as you and I are lovers, in secret
what love then, can be abundant! and enjoyed?!
Your eyes have met mine for the last time
in secret!

I am telling every grain of sand
about our affair!

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment