Monday, July 5, 2010

Love Letter 239 Nothing but this Humble Bleating Dance

left, right, center...
each step embraces years of hidden dying
ancient feasts, where mouths are bound
and I cannot stand this endless teething

oh God
but when I enter
this gathering
it is as if
the veil is torn forever
and discarded
as if my feet have taken off their bindings
and become like wilde faeries
cocky for the first time!

I am in the mood
to sing to you, with a million voices staring
and disturbing every powerful regret
until hysteria becomes the mortal proclamation and deepens love

Oh, I know, they will tell me to be quiet, as I thunder
they will say that I have let you, my Beloved
go to my head
but I will howl with laughter
in respect
for how it only matters, God, what you think
of my prayer

Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment