Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Love Letter 248 Root Lock

40 days and 40 nights
I have been complaining
"why, have you not come to my desert?"

I sit like a statue on a silky square of cloth
and make penance to the wind

my love
you have abandoned my holy winning
you have looked away as I so fatally sold my soul to these plans
you saw me obediently squaring off my nature
yet you did not interfere

oh, but I was lonely
busy forgetting you, by the long line of tv shows, and places to shop
my mind like its own cinema
and memories -- like a concession stand
my love
did you see me trying to not try?
then try again?
did you note my posture
and breathing?
I was holding your gaze with my suspicious root lock
oh love
you cast your entry,
but I was busy, building a castle, with a moat
and sea serpents to protect this rock
to make it magical
to suffer and sacrifice like a diligent fool
all to win your entry!
if I had only lifted
that single silk square
I would have seen your omniscient eye
and known your omnipotent love

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment