Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Love Letter 254 Fierce Undercurrent

The sea is calm today, lover
should I tell you?


her fury always temporary and remarkable.
the last few days, like a tempest, she beckoned and then turned
her heart like a violet asteroid ambushing my innocence
all the rugs from her ocean floor
got pulled up simultaneously
and left out, by my door
where I could see and smell all she had been maintaining and containing
my dear love
is this possible?
that one so great
so indifferent
has her heart squalled and complicated like our own?
that all her sea weeds must be ravaged
and rearranged on every shore, throughout this world?
is it true
that her voluptuous nature
is like our own
turbulent and rocky
mysterious and calm?

has she handed me a plate of stone
so I may sift through my lucidity
finding only her?

this great wave is coming
and I have set up my longing all along its coast
I know
that when she
is ready
she will devour
all that I love
and still bellow her caterwaul whoring
and angelic transcendental shroud

all the while,
lover
she will be at her center
staring straight into the eye of God
and at His command
she will evolve
into Holy Water
and all I have lost
will become her veil

Love
does it destroy me to be so close and yet so far?
yes
again and again
I am destroyed
day after day
altar after altar
all my personal wants thrown back into surrender
all my emotional needs like jelly fish dried up on the shore
everything
I have wished for
is mocked
moment after moment in continuous procession
by her flattering, discombobulating current
all I have prized, from this flesh
becomes a whimpering edge on the dregs of my omnipotent dissolution
my love

the ocean is calm today
but there is butter
in the pot
and an oven
which is already
turning
on

I Love You
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment